ALLOW YOUR HEAVY HEART TO HEAL
Your emotional, spiritual, & physical self will never heal if you continue to hang around negative people. Here's what to think about and how you can finally cut that cord with people that are no good for you.
DON'T LOVE SOMEONE SO MUCH THAT YOU LOSE YOURSELF
Have you ever loved someone so much and would do anything for them? Have you ever had a family member or friend you would always vouch for just because you are a good person? What if, regardless of everything you did, they showed a downside? The side of negativity.
DON'T LET UNAPPRECIATION GO UNNOTICED
Let's say you changed your plans for the day to help your family clean the house. Their response to you is, "That's the best you can do?" You buy your boyfriend/girlfriend a nice watch. They respond to you with, "You couldn't buy me something nicer?" You accomplished your goal of graduating college with an Associate's degree. And they'll have the nerve to say something like, "You're 30 years old. You should already have your Bachelor's degree by now."
IT'S TIME TO CUT THE CORD
Sometimes, the people that you root for are the ones that are secretly rooting against you. Negative people are like cable people: They needed to cut the cord because the expense was too high. Like toxic people who bring all that negative energy near you, the cost weighs heavy on your heart.
MAKE YOUR SPACE A PEACEFUL PLACE
We sometimes have cramped space in our house, but that doesn't mean we should have the same cramped space when it comes to the heart. One of the biggest mistakes we make is when we still try to help/stay with people who mentally and emotionally abused us. And yes, while you may be a good person, like anybody else, you'll eventually get tired of negative people. But there are things that you can do to better yourself and cut that cord for good.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS THAT HAVE HELPED ME IN DEALING WITH PEOPLE AND THEIR SURROUNDING NEGATIVITY
1: Pray. Yes, I said, praying. I am a Christian and love GOD. While it sounds unnecessary for some, for others, that's the only person they can turn to because, unlike some people, GOD ALWAYS listens to what you have to say.
2. Crying. When we're sad, upset, or alone, we still try to remain strong and don't want to show our emotions. However, emotions are a big part of life, and when we hold those emotions inside, sometimes it makes us feel worse because we feel like we have nobody to listen to us. But everyone has their breaking point where we can't hide those emotions much longer and just let it all out. Don't worry about who sees you crying or what they might say about you. Find someone who will listen to you & help wipe away your tears.
3. Getting some fresh air. Sometimes, the best way to clear up those negative vibes from people is to go outside and get some fresh air. Relaxing your body and having the wind flow through your hair can give you a calming sensation. But it's not just taking a stroll down the street. You can go to the park or the beach or sit outside your porch. And while you're there, bring a book, music, or pet.
4. Exercise. We have all been there. Whether it's an awful day at the office or we have someone who won't leave us alone for anything. We all get mad and ready to punch something or someone. One thing I found to work for me has been working out. If you can't afford/or don't like going to the gym, you can always exercise at home. Like me, for example. I want to stay in shape, but the privacy in my own home. I play Wii fitness or fitness boxing on my Nintendo Switch.
5. Ask yourself why I allow myself to feel this way. One of the biggest things we have a hard time understanding and admitting is why we constantly abuse ourselves. Ask yourself the following questions real quick:
Why can't I seem to let go?
Why do I allow them to control and manipulate me?
Why do I allow them to love me privately but shame me publicly?
Why do I represent myself as firm but yet come out weak?
6. Write down your thoughts in a journal or a diary. An excellent way to answer the following questions is to get a journal and write down your feelings and thoughts. The best way to get these answers is to secure yourself in a quiet place like your bedroom with no distractions like your TV. Give yourself about 1 hour and take time to reflect. Remember there are no right or wrong answers because you're answering to the most important person: YOURSELF
CRUSH THE CONFUSION AND BE HAPPY WITH YOUR CONCLUSION
Never put someone else's happiness over your own
Life will never bring you up positively if you sit down with negativity.
See yourself as a brand-new book: Get better with every chapter.
Negative people are like old text messages. Once deleted, there is no need to retrieve them.
Be the following P's:
Don't be the following N's
Nettle (Annoy someone)
Blessings and Love, Everyone!
Written By Natalie Michelle Robinson
Copyright (C) 2024
Photo Credited To Matheus Henrin